Apr 26, 2012

ARTIST ENVY {DOMINIQUE FALLA}

Relax and Unwind, for Strutten's Square One exhibition, pin & string //
I Could Do Anything... , created for her book, pin & string

Object of my envy... Dominique Falla
What does she make? Dominique creates work in a variety of tactile mediums and combines digital creation with analog output for both exhibitions and publications, I particularly enjoy her pin and string work shown above.
Who does she create this for? Dominique has created work for Wired Magazine, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Coca-Cola, and a ton of other notables.
___
Thoughts... This looks so time consuming and tedious. When I first saw Dominique's work it was the first image above, with no close ups. I thought it was beautiful, but I had no idea this was made of all pins and string. Once I realized, I was in serious awe. I am particularly drawn to the I could do anything... piece. Dominique describes it as "part of a two-page book project. On the left it says I could do Anything… and then for the second part, I unwound I could do anything and then re-nailed and wound If only I could decide what it was to show the pain of how creative people chop and change their minds all the time. You can see the pin holes from I could do anything if you look closely enough." I relate all too well to constantly changing my mind when I create things. Nothing is ever finished. It can always be better... it can make you go crazy, really. I really love that she did that. Very clever. Check out more of Dominique Falla's pin & string art and other neat work here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...